A leading portfolio finance provider for Private Capital investors. $8.5bn raised since 2008 across 6 funds and mandates, resulting in 70 investments, supporting Private Capital management companies, funds and institutional investors across North America and Europe.
The firm used two separate fund administrators for different products. In addition to the multiple systems across both administrators, the client was also in the process of implementing an in-house portfolio management system with the support of Holland Mountain’s consulting team.
The firm’s current process for aggregating data was highly manual. Each fund administrator sent data in Excel files, using different formats. These were received in Outlook and combined with additional data downloaded from the portfolio management system. The finance team then went through a time-consuming process to reconcile the data in Excel, with multiple emails back and forth to query and fix any errors.
- Data from multiple fund admins collated in Excel spreadsheets
- Highly manual calculation and reporting process. Use of leverage added additional complexity around loan balances and interest rates
- Time consuming reporting process. Static PDF reports produced manually and distributed on email long after quarter-end, with no ability to perform analysis
- Key man dependency and lack of scalability
Using ATLAS Fund Admin Oversight to connect and combine data from multiple sources, the client now has faster access to insight.
With automation to handle data collation, the firm’s monthly and quarterly reporting processes are now significantly more streamlined and require far less manual effort, with reduced reliance on Excel spreadsheets.
The firm has enhanced access to data from its fund administrators, with the ability to slice and dice the combined and reconciled data. This enhanced data access has led to improvements in the quality and timeliness of data from the fund administrators and resulted in fewer ad hoc queries to resolve.
What are the potential benefits of the ATLAS Fund Admin Oversight solution?
- Streamline the process of calling and distributing capital, with a universal data set
- Increase margins and control costs as the business scales, by leveraging technology to improve efficiency
- Eliminate reliance on your fund administrator for access to your data and simplified switching process
Combining industry expertise with transformational technology, the ATLAS Fund Admin Oversight solution is suitable for all alternative asset classes.
To find out more and book your demo, please get in touch