Holland Mountain Group Limited (“us”, “we” and “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of those who use our website www.hollandmountain.com and register with our services.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), Holland Mountain Group Limited (company number 03968224) of 2 Angel Square, London, EC1V 1NY is the data controller (ICO registration number ZA129410).
The term “data” shall include “personal data” (as defined in the Act) and any other relevant data or information.
What data do you collect from me?
When you use our website or register with us, we may collect data in the following ways:
- Data you submit to us.
You may provide us with data about yourself from time to time, such as when you register with our website, upload a profile of your business or firm, provide account user details upon registration or by communicating with us (for example, to report a problem with our website or our Services). This data may include your name, address, e-mail, phone number and payment details.
- Technical data we collect from you
Technical data, about your device and your visit, which is generated when you use our website will be collected by us. This may include:
- Device data: we may collect data on the type of device or platform (such as a computer or mobile device) used by you to access our website. This can include data about the device itself, its operating system, the web-browser type and version you use and your browser language and plug-ins. Additional data may be collected when you access our website from a mobile device, for example data relating to your mobile network, device and telephone number.
- Location data: your use of our website may generate geographical data, such as the location or time zone of a device or IP address, which we may collect.
- Log data about your visit: use of our website automatically generates data about your unique visit which we may collect. This can include uniform resource locators (URLs), data about your internet service provider, the number and timing of clicks to and from our website content; which products you view; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. and any phone number used to contact us.
- Data about your interactions: our website may provide you with the opportunity to interact with website content in certain ways, such as by sharing on social media. These interactions create data, for example, the contents of a post or comment, or whether a story was shared using a particular social media network.
- Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How and why do you use my data?
We shall respect and protect the privacy of your data, and it will only be used as necessary for the purposes set out below.
- Data you submit to us
We may use this data in order to:
- a) register you as a user of or contributor to our website;
- b) contact you with any queries about your registration;
- c) optimise your experience when using our website and allow you to use its interactive features (for example, the ‘Remember Me’ option);
- d) contact you with relevant information about us, our website and your registration. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can unsubscribe at any time;
- e) to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used, purchased or enquired about;
- f) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to contact you, or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, then you may do so at any time, by contacting our Privacy Compliance Officer by email at email@example.com or by post at 2 Angel Square, London, EC1V 1NY;
- g) to notify you about changes to our Services;
- h) to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- k) delete or anonymise your data, and/or combine your data with other data we have collected.
- Technical data we collect
We may use this data to:
- a) administer our website and for our own troubleshooting, analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes;
- b) improve and optimise our website and the way content is presented;
- c) keep our website safe and secure;
- d) allow you to use interactive features of our website;
- e) measure the effectiveness of advertising, and deliver relevant advertising which matches user interests and preferences;
- f) make suggestions about goods and services provided by us or third parties which may be of interest to you; and
- g) delete or anonymise your data, and/or combine your data with other data we have collected.
- Data we receive from third parties
Data obtained from third parties may be used for the same purposes as data you provide us or data we collect from you, and may also be deleted or anonymised and/or combined with other data we have collected.
Will you disclose my data to third parties?
We may share data we collect with any related company in our corporate group and with selected third parties including:
- our business partners, suppliers, agents and sub-contractors in order to provide our Services (for example where we enter into agreements with third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf);
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website and the Services we provide.
We may disclose data we collect to third parties:
- if we undergo a change of control or any of its business or assets are sold or transferred (in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case data held by us about our website users will be one of the transferred assets; or
How and where do you store my data?
How do you ensure my data is secure?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data (and endeavour to only work with third parties who provide equivalent protections) in accordance with industry best practices.
What about hyperlinks and links to other websites?
Our website may provide links to and from the websites of our affiliates, business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites’ privacy policies or for the way in which third party websites collect or process data. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites. You understand, acknowledge and agree that all access to and use of any such third party website by you shall be at your own risk.
How can I find out about your use of my data?
You have the right to access personal data held by us and, if that personal data is inaccurate, you have the right to have it amended. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For further information on how to access your personal data please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Holland Mountain Group Limited, 2 Angel Square, London, EC1V 1NY.
How can I contact you?
You can contact us by telephoning our team on +44 (0) 20 7394 0763 or by writing to us by email at email@example.com or by post at Holland Mountain Group Limited, 2 Angel Square, London, EC1V 1NY.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Last updated 26th May 2016